About Penbank6

We are a group of 24 students.

Some facts about us:

We are 11 girls and 14 boys.

Some of us enjoy basketball, soccer, tennis, swimming, skateboarding, surfing, AFL, athletics, and more. We are a very active bunch of kids!

Some of us love drawing, reading, painting, dancing, singing, writing, reading, and more. We are a thoughtful and creative bunch too!

Our teacher’s name is Justin. We call him Justin.

We are lucky to attend a school surrounded by native trees and wetlands. We have a creek running through our playground. We are fortunate to have a big, lush green oval and a soft soccer field.

We have cows, pigs, chickens and a sheep at our school. Just about every year we get new calves which students take care of. In recent years we have had 2 calves born at Penbank! We have named them Norman and Shoes (Shoes’mother’s name is Sox).

Parents at Penbank school are extremely supportive and their involvement in the school is highly valued.

Each week we have a school meeting (not an ‘assembly’). This is led by two different Year 6 students each week. We think students at Penbank have very good public speaking skills! Each school meeting is highly student-focused and an opportunity to share with parents, teachers and kids all of the learning and experiences that occur at our school.

Penbank School is a friendly school. Please say hi!

16 thoughts on “About Penbank6

1. Everytime I visit your blog, something new and interesting appears. So lucky you have a ‘farm’ at your school! Good work and keep it going!

2. G’day Penbank 6,
    Thanks for registering for the March 2012 student blogging challenge. Make sure you visit the blog every week beginning early March, when the first challenge will be published. If you want a reminder sent to your email each week, use the “Subscribe by email” on the right sidebar of the blog. Also make sure you visit blogs from other classes around the world with similar ages.

Miss W or tasteach – challenge organizer

3. Dear Penbank6

I think that it is great that you all are creative and athletic. We call our teacher Miss McLeod and we aren’t surrounded by wetlands and forests, but we do have a pretty cool playground! I also like how you have named your calf Sox to go with its mother’s name, Shoes. We also have an assembly with our learning teams and each time we have a different class lead it.

Hope to keep in touch

Alexandra, Room 24, Taradale Intermediate School

4. Hi there Penbank6

I’m from New Zealand and in our class there are 15 girls (including our teacher) and 15 boys between 11 and 13 years old.

I like athletics and swimming as well. What is AFL? I’m sure it’s fun!

Lots of people in our class like drawing, reading, singing and dancing, if you see our blog, you’ll see why!

Yours sincerely

Molly, Room 24

5. I think you´re lucky for having different kinds of animals in your school. I like to play with animals. I would like to take some of them as my little pets.

Please,visit our blog : parkhouseblog.edublogs.org

• After you log in, hover your cursor over the ‘Add New’ tab on the Edublogs toolbar. Select ‘Post’, and off you go! I look forward to reading your post 🙂
      Jd

6. Hi,
    You are so lucky that you have a soccer field! We only have a blacktop field. Do you have school rules? We do.

7. Hi,
    My name Jack but my classmates call me JJ I really like that you have a grass soccer field because at my school, we have to play on cement. When I fall down the cement really scrapes my knee. My blog is Blogging Frogs so if you can visit us you are free to come and our class G-mail is mrsmckelveysclass@gmail.com

From,
    JJ